Martial Arts Kids – All Ages
What to expect from DentonMAC Martial Arts Kids?
THE DentonMAC’S KID PROGRAM IS ROOTED IN A FEW BASIC FUNDAMENTALS:
1. Strong, basic body movements and structures.
- We must be martial athletes as well as martial artists. All classes begin with physical education rooted in basic body movements like squats, lunges, jumping, animal walks, hinging, pushups, etc. When these basic motor patterns are understood, more complex tasks may be assigned like headstands or handstands.
- Rolling and falling are trained almost daily. We all fall down. Our kids get back up.
2. Focus and Awareness of surroundings.
- The students are expected to react to general call and response from the instructor. This includes moving from one task to another, assisting other students, and answering questions.
- Every belt test ends with a multiple attacker situation to challenge the focus of the student. As they grow through the ranks, the attacks become more varied and faster.
3. Sound self-defense fundamentals.
- While Aikido and other Martial Arts deal with de-escalation of violence and throws and joint lock that rely on control, the students of DMAC are also engaged in discussions and training that deals with attacks pertinent to their lives. Kids are also taught techniques on the ground, how to strike, and weapon disarms to learn all phases of martial arts.
4. Character development.
- Martial arts prowess is useless without character development. Students are expected to keep their grades up in school, honor other students in the class, and show respect for their parents and guardians. Communication with the parent/guardian is considered when belt ranks occur. Senior kid members are expected to help with the management of class.
Jr. Samurai Class (5-8)
Mon: 4:30PM – 5:15PM
Wed: 4:30PM – 5:15PM
Samurai Class (9-13)
Mon: 5:30PM – 6:20PM
Wed: 5:30PM – 6:20PM
Thurs: 5:30PM – 6:20PM
All Kids Class
Sat: 9:30AM – 10:20AM